Did we ever meet in Zanzibar,- no Dave, I didnt see you there...
Two Caucasians at the town bazaar? I saw at least a dozen or so, what were you smoking?
Are you who you say you are?- theres no such thing as a limebeaver
Did you offer me a Dutch cigar? - is that a euphemism for spliff?
You must have thought you were so bourgeois.- yeah, i was positively middle class
Are you who you say your are? - yes, I am the love child of Ian Dury and Felicity Kendall
After all these years, you haven't changed at all - cant say the same for you baldy
But I can't say you look the same. - sounds like a cop out
Summer days are hot in Zanzibar - that much is true
And at night the sky is filled with stars. - that much is also true, very astute...
Listen. You can hear guitars. - i recall quaffing and blethering, there might have been some background tunes
Native people, skins as black as tar, - that is a gross generalisation dave, there is a wide mixture of racial groupings on the island
Wear bright-coloured robes in Zanzibar.- especially their smalls
They've never even heard of Ska! - lucky them, ra ra ra
On a tour of limestone caves - you what?
Did we see where traders kept their slaves? - stop showing yourself off
Was that how we spent the day? - no, we wandered about on the beach and spouted inanities, funny, I dont recall seeing you there
After all these years, you haven't changed at all- yes, nice of you to notice
But I can't say you look the same. - fammi un pompino
I have never been to Zanzibar - aha, i knew it
I have always thought it was too far - thats all a matter of perspective, its closer than la paz
You're not who you say you are. - alright, i never drove for toleman in the mid 80's as Ayrton Senna's team mate
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment